This is no different even if we talk about the deadliest diseases like cancer. The good news is that just by altering our lifestyle a little we can dramatically reduce the chances of cancer.
Strategies to decrease the risk of cancer
- Filter and drink your tap water. By doing so, you will be reducing your exposure to several carcinogens and hormone-disrupting chemicals
- Don’t over fill your vehicle tank. There are chances that fuel might spill in the vapour recovering system increasing the chances of mixing cancer-causing benzene in the air.
- Marinate your meat before cooking. Spices like rosemary and thyme can reduce the HCAs in your meat by.
- Drink 5 cups of caffeinated coffee a day. Caffeine reduces the risk of oral and throat cancer by. Decaf and tea do not work the same way.
- Drink plenty of water. By drinking a lot of water, you can make sure that cancer-causing agents will get flush out in urine.
- Have lots of greens. The chlorophyll reduces the risk of colon cancer in women.
- Munch on Brazil nuts. It is a great source of selenium, which reduces the risk of bladder cancer in women.
- Work out a little. Walking 2 hours every week greatly reduces the risk of cancer.
- Avoid dry cleaning. Perc, a solvent, is used in traditional dry cleaning, which can cause liver and kidney cancer.
- Keep a check on your breast density.
- Limit your cell phone usage. Try to use your mobile only for short calls.
- Choose your color wisely. Blue and Red fabric provide greater protection against sun’s UV rays.
- Consume clean food. Wash your food thoroughly to avoid intake of any pesticides sprayed on it.
- Go for a folic acid check.
- Enhance your calcium intake.
- Consume whole grains against white bread.
- Understand your body signs and be attentive to any sort of pain.
- If not necessary, try to avoid scan. CT scans are good, but they expose you to radiations.
- Control your weight. You are more at cancer risk if you are overweight.
For sure, a little diet, exercise, and avoidance of alcohol and tobacco are your first steps, but recent studies have proved that the small things mentioned above can help you prevent cancer a lot.